Studio – In-depth look at Writebacks including SQL, APIs, Excel and Web Channel
This video takes an in-depth look at creating Writebacks using the three most common patterns using Sharperlight Studio. Once the metadata for Tables has been defined Sharperlight will automatically create the SQL required to insert, update and delete records. Sometimes you may require more control over the process and this is explained by using custom SQL, C# or VB.NET code.
The coded examples are useful for when you want to pass data to some sort of API library such as a DLL or Web Service.
The second half of the video shows how to use the writeback Tables in Excel, Web Channel and from the Command Line. The Web Channel also has one example where just the amounts of the Purchase Order table are updated instead of the whole record.
How to use the Sharperlight Writeback Examples
- *Restore the SQL Database backup file C:StudioSL_WritebackExample.bak
- *Install the Datamodel using Datamodeler installer C:StudioSL_WBDemo.meta
- *In Client Setup confirm that the confirm the Database connection is working
- *In Publisher import the reports in C:StudioSLWbSamplesTrainWB.pbqlist
- *Watch the video on writebacks (youtube Sharperlight Writebacks in-depth)
- *Please subscribe to the Sharperlight youtube Channel for future updates
Download Example Pack
Published: 2/11/2015 7:38 PM