Philight Software International is an IBM and a Microsoft Silver ISV Partner. Our main development centre is in Perth, Western Australia.
Established in 2007 through the union of development skills and consulting expertise, and with a history of and experience in delivering self-service reporting and business intelligence technologies to the marketplace, we embarked on the global commercialisation of SharperLight in Q4 2010.
Experienced in the daily reporting, data analysis and business intelligence challenges facing a diverse range of industries and verticals – including ERP, EAM, HR, CRM, Sales, Hospitality, Aviation, Professional Services and Mining – our Executive Team has over 70 years experience in developing, consulting and implementing a wide range of solutions, to over 170,000 users across more than 28,000 customer sites globally; ranging from solutions such as Infor Q&A (formerly Vision from Lasata), F9, JET Reports & MS Dynamics FRx through to IBM Cognos (including TM1), Infor PM10 (formerly MIS), Oracle Hyperion and SAP Business Objects.
Our prior experiences showed that a lot of customers faced the same challenges or were looking to resolve similar issues:
- many required a solution that was user-friendly and easy-to-use
- many required a solution that could provide real time live access to data; delays in accessing data impacted on their business performance
- they all required a solution that would be cost effective; not just looking at the initial and ongoing software cost, but also covering the often hidden costs in additional hardware and expensive consulting resources
- many required a solution that could fit into existing and future business intelligence strategies, if they existed, or would provide them with a business intelligence strategy going forward; many companies were contemplating moving to SaaS applications
- most wanted to use tools that they were already familiar with; MS Excel, browsers and mobile technologies
- many wanted a solution that was flexible enough to meet their ever changing (future) business requirements; built-in reporting applications struggled with customisations and other solutions required fairly large redevelopment for small changes to the underlying data sources
- most wanted a solution that would meet the needs of all users within the organisation, not just a specific audience; lots of solutions meet the needs of a targeted audience and do not fit the needs of the larger organisation
- many wanted a solution that could also offer write-back capabilities; too many solutions are only one-way and not bi-directional
- and nearly all required a solution that could sit across all their business applications and provide ad-hoc access and analysis down to any defined level within each application; too many solutions only offered predefined drill-through or were unable to operate across multiple data sources
… so on this basis, and with our prior knowledge and experience, we developed Sharperlight; which is an Enterprise Framework providing users with simplified intelligence, through live access and easy-to-use, ad-hoc and self-service, reporting and analysis interfaces over multiple systems, ultimately providing a cohesive bi-directional solution and the Ultimate Business Intelligence Layer to multiple business sectors.
Meet the Makers:
||Matt Fletcher – Chief Executive OfficerMatt Fletcher is responsible for group strategies and developing and executing the internal PSI consulting and direct sales strategies, and is the key liaison between product development (Technical) and business development (Operations).
Matt has worked within the IT industry for over 15 years, initially in Systems Management and later heading up analysis teams within Systems Union, joined Lasata in Perth before working for Infor Global Solutions as an R&D Director.
Matt’s extensive technical computing background, Information Systems Management experience and interpersonal skills help drive the development of Sharperlight technologies into a user friendly but vastly flexible business solution that delivers a unique experience
“Sharperlight is a natural winner. It is easily deployed and fully extendable, offering end user reporting across multiple systems that complements existing BI strategies. Implementing Sharperlight is a low risk but high return strategy, it is really an easy choice and many people have made that decision.” Matt Fletcher (2011)
||Martin Talbot – Chief Operations OfficerMartin Talbot is responsible for developing and executing PSI’s international organisational structure, business development, partner program and operational strategies.
Martin is a certified PRINCE2® practitioner, with over 20 years hands-on experience with various tools within the reporting and BI arena; has specialised in consulting, business development and management roles, and is a successful entrepreneur.
Martin has an accounting background with extensive experience in the international market; previously working in Amsterdam for a number of large global organisations in the software, aviation and services industries, before moving to New Zealand.
||Jarred Evans – Chief Technical OfficerJarred Evans is responsible for PSI’s technical product development and maintenance strategy; driving technical decisions that ensure PSI developments are cutting edge.
Jarred is focussed on the latest technologies, to ensure that PSI’s development strategy remains innovative, flexible, up-to-date and future proofed.
Jarred is a graduate of Curtin University and, together with Ivon Robson, one of the leading architects and developers who were instrumental to the success of Lasata Pty Ltd; a Perth based BI company with a customer base of more than 170,000 users across 28,000 sites globally, which in 2004 was acquired by Systems Union and later in 2006 Systems Union was acquired by Infor.
||Ivon Robson – Director Research & DevelopmentIvon Robson specialises in thinking outside the box; his goal is to translate complex development issues into easy-to-use end-user focussed functionality.
Ivon leads the PSI development team and over the years has proven to be a great mentor; sharing his knowledge & skills and providing hands-on assistance to his team.With over 25 years of software experience in Business Intelligence, Data Mining,
Communication Networks, Robotics and Enterprise Architecture.
Ivon is a graduate of UWA, has spent 8 years in the IT industry in Japan, and speaks and reads Japanese fluently.Together with Jarred Evans, he was one of the leading architects and developers who were instrumental to the success of Lasata Pty Ltd; a Perth based BI company with a customer base of more than 170,000 users across 28,000 sites globally, which in 2004 was acquired by Systems Union and later in 2006 Systems Union was acquired by Infor.
||Donald Wynne – Director Business DevelopmentDonald Wynne is dedicated to global business development, supporting the CEO and COO, and ultimately responsible for all direct and partner pre-sales activities.
Donald’s roles focuses on user experience and appeal, and product functionality. His extensive hands-on experience with diverse reporting and business intelligence tools, ensures that our development meets and surpasses user expectations.
Donald is from an accounting background and in the early 90’s he worked as a Company Accountant and then Financial Controller. Subsequently he worked as a business analyst and consultant for a highly successful accounting package, and it is here where he developed his interest in business intelligence. In the last ten years he has help a diverse range of companies in roles that span everything from systems analyst, project manager, technical pre-sales, team leader and training co-ordinator.